If you're ready to advertise your business or organization with Facebook video ads there are a few things to consider before you even write the video ad script.
I HEART KITSAP guides our local clients through 6 step prior to creating their Facebook video ad.
These steps are listed below. Please use them as you begin creating video ads for your Kitsap business.
1. HAVE A GAME PLAN. What’s the “Why”? What are you trying to accomplish with this ad? Do you want to attract new customers? Do you want more sales? Do you want more leads? Do you need to grow your email list?
2. HAVE A CLEAR TARGET. Who is your ad for? Who is your ideal customer? Is it for a particular gender and age group? Is it for people with a specific need or interest?
3. DESIGN A CLEAR "CALL TO ACTION". What do you want your target audience to do after viewing your video ad? Do you want them to visit a particular webpage? Should they join your email list? Should they visit a store location and mention the ad? Should they fill out an online form and schedule an appointment?
4. THE LAUNCH. What kind of ad will you use to attract your ideal customer? Educational video, eye catching image ads, Facebook “Live” video?
5. MEASURE THE RESULTS. How will you determine the success of your ad? Did it bring in a certain number of leads? Did you sell a predetermined amount of merchandise? Did you add "X" number of contacts to your email list?
6. THE FOLLOW UP. How will you communicate with your idea customer after he/she interacts with your ad? Build an email list and continue to offer valuable content to your target audience via email. Once someone joins your list, send articles, and other helpful information related to your services. You can also offer special deals to encourage your subscriber to employ your services.
These six steps will help give you clarity from the "get-go" and will solidify the purpose of your video ad.
Hope you found this info helpful. Now put this knowledge to good use. Good luck.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.....
Here is an example of a video ad we are currently running for a client on Facebook. This video has already been viewed over 6k times, has been shared over 30 times and has over 90 "likes" not bad for a 2 day run.
When you watch this video, can you see how we addressed steps 1-4 in this ad? Steps 5 and 6 are proving successful as the number of views is high and the number of people who are clicking to the website and filling out the contact form is positive.
If you would like to view a few more local business videos examples along with a visual guide to creating your first Facebook "Boosted Post" (a great way to get started with Facebook advertising), click on the button below: